Monday, August 23, 2010

made it.

We're here! After hours and hours on planes, we finally arrived in Gabon a little after 6pm on Monday. Our flight at Dulles was delayed in leaving, which made our connection in Frankfurt a little tight, but we made it. Anna will be coming in tomorrow (her plane was delayed) so we'll meet her then.

First impressions of Africa - its hot, but not incredibly so. By the time that we got here, it was very dark, even though it wasn't super late. Libreville seems busy - there are people everywhere! We're both pretty exhausted, so I doubt it will be long before we're ready to crash.

There's a five hour time difference between the East Coast and Gabon.

In the spirit of honesty, I did have a little freak-out moment when we landed in Gabon. Even though I expected everything to be completely different from what I knew, there was a brief moment after we landed and before we reached the gate, that I thought, "what the heck are we doing?" It only lasted a moment, and I'm chalking it up to exhaustion.

Tomorrow we'll spend some time at Hope House (the orphanage).

7 comments:

  1. Sam and i are glad you both arrived safely.love some of those kiddos for us. praying for ya'll
    <3 ya,
    Errin and Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you arrived safely. Get some rest and we will talk with you more tomorrow. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking this site ALL DAY to make sure you guys made it okay... You've been in my thoughts all day. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to hear all the crazy things God is going to do with you guys down in Africa! Love you Kristy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been tracking your flight and checked the first thing this morning. Glade to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm proud of you!!
    Jack Ncho

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear that you arrived safely. May God richly bless you and your work there.

    Dakota and Harvey are doing well. They are already like part of the K9 family over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol....well you guys made Mom learn something new. She learned how to post a comment on a blog!

    I am glad to hear you guys got there okay. Now, go help some people! And take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete