Thursday, August 19, 2010

2 days.

Today is Thursday. I leave for Frederick on Saturday.

Excuse me for stating that obvious, but that's in 2 days.

So while I run around like a crazy person, trying to do laundry, pack, clean out my refrigerator, deal with my smoking car, finish up the last-minute work stuff, and prep for Saturday night's church service, here are a few suggestions for prayer requests:
  • The last-minute details - there are always so many little things to do before a trip, especially one that will have you on another continent for two and a half weeks. Plus, I have a tendency to over-estimate what has to be done, something that would be evident if you could actually see my to-do list right now. I'd much rather do the things that need to be done, and still be able to enjoy the next two days.
  • Relationships - we're meeting a college student, Anna, in Frankfurt (she's flying in from Seattle), and she'll be joining us for the rest of our trip. Please pray that we'll connect with her quickly, and with the others that we'll be working with.
  • Physical safety - both for traveling and for our health while we're in Africa.
  • Purpose - I know that God has a purpose in sending both of us on this trip. I can make a guess as to what those reasons are, but only he knows them. Please pray that even as we finish last-minute physical preparations, that we'll be receptive to what he wants to teach us and do in us.
Thanks for supporting us!

No comments:

Post a Comment